Sunday, December 28, 2008

Dwarf Hamsters


I didn't get any sleep last night. Dwarf hamsters kept me awake with their incessant wheeling about in their cage. And the cat chased some plastic piece of crap around the house for hours. She won't play with you for five minutes. You can throw one of her toys and she just stares at you like you're crazy but last night it was on. She was all over the kitchen with something that wasn't even one of her fancy little catnip toys or anything. It was just something that's really freaking loud on the kitchen floor at 4 in the morning. Anyway, okay I think I'm done. I'm in a coffee shop listening to Johnny Cash and everything is better now- even if it is in a rather fuzzy, slightly surreal state of being at the moment. The kind that only comes with a colossal lack of sleep.

I'm working on some new lyrics for a song called "There is No Success Like Failure".

I've nailed down the chorus first which is something that doesn't normally happen for me until much later in the evolution of a song. Maybe I'm starting to get the hang of this songwriting thing. No, it's a nice thought but no:)

Anyway, the chorus:

"There is no success like failure
There is no success like loneliness
And there is no love like no love at all
And yes we love to watch you fall
Yes we love to watch you fall"

That's about it. It sounds good in my head. It can sound good in your head too. Just pretend like The Beatles are singing it or something like that. It always makes me feel better about my stuff to pretend like really awesome people are singing it:)

So there are the lyrics for the chorus. I expect everyone to be able to sing along at the next show...Which will hopefully be at The Well in Pineville soon...

No comments: