Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The Show 2.14

The Show was a success largely in part to Susan and Hutch over at The Well who helped get all the technical stuff worked out. Nicolette did a great set and helped out with my stuff as well. Niki sold some masks which was awesome and the show was good timing in and of itself because the next day I was too sick to move so I'm glad we got to did everything we planned to do for Valentine's Day before I got the plague. Don't worry about me; I'm still a little under the weather but I'll be just fine:)

This is the setlist. We were going to do "Sweet Dreams" with the cello and the keyboard but technical difficulties made it a little too much to ask for so I just did that one with the techno set:) Overall, I was really happy with the way things went musically and I'm looking forward to growing the whole synth-pop Dream Machine aspect of my music right now:) Also, I don't have a picture of it yet but I unveiled the Phonohedron which is this cool thing I made with guitars and keyboards and a big metal face in the middle of it but more about that later...

You can find out more about Niki's masks and other clothing at www.myspace.com/stretchercase and you can even comission a mask to your specific likings:) The next show will be bigger and better, I promise! I will leave you with some pictures I stole from Ann Kraynak Rodriguez's facebook page. She took some cool pictures that night and I want you to see just how awesome I looked and I will do that through the art of taking someone else's photos from the internets. Hopefully she won't press charges:

Exibit A=


and Exibit B =


I also promised the lyrics to the new song "The Black & Violet Masquerade" and I'll get those up on here in the next couple of days. Thanks to everyone who came out to the show and I hope to see everyone soon at the next gig which is yet to be announced!

Cheers and happy V-Day!

No comments: